Tuesday 8 March 2011

A Trip To 'Wuthering Heights'

I'm back!

After my long weekend in Leeds, I'm happy to be writing this in my warm cosy bed. I had a great time and also got the chance to visit Haworth and see the Brontë parsonage museum. Settled in the Pennines,the town of Haworth is a town on the edge. Literally. A lot of uphill walking and steep pavements but its so peaceful and idyllic. To think that this was the little town that Emily Brontë grew up in. I even got to see the room that inspired her. The dining room is said to be the room where she wrote most of 'Wuthering Heights'. The museum itself banned all photography but I just couldn't resist a time to act like a spy and sneakily take pictures of every room and every original item belonging to the Brontë's.All in all I had a lot of fun and did splurge a bit in the gift shop. I bought a quill! Ill be taking pictures of my 'Haworth Haul' soon so make sure to check it out. Enjoy the snaps!













No comments:

Post a Comment